Saturday, February 02, 2008

Say It Ain't So Joe

The newly pregnant, at their first visit to the ob/gyn, are usually showered with reading material. There's always a book on pregnancy and child birth. Each time I have been pregnant the book has been different. I seem to have hung on to only two such books and I just put them both into a bag with some maternity clothes that I'll not be using again. The title of one of the books is The Illustrated Book of Pregnancy and Child Care, the other is Your Pregnancy and Birth.
Your pregnancy and birth? I don't know about you, but my pregnancy, which culminated on Jan. 23, 2008, had little to do with my birth, 40 years ago today.
It's bad enough new mothers have to be subjected to sleep deprivation and sore nipples, must we be assaulted with bad grammar as well?

song: Say It Ain't So Joe • artist: Roger Daltrey

No comments: