Thursday, September 04, 2014

What You Need

All three of my elementary school children's back to school lists request one dozen black dry erase markers. The ones at Staples sell for $4 a four pack. That comes out to $12 for a set of 12 markers and $36 for the requisite 36 markers I have been asked to purchase total. 
I bought three packs of four and called it a day.
Let my kids fail elementary school. I can't bring myself to spend $36 on black markers. 
At least not when there's crayons, colored pencils, ear buds, sharpies, three-ring binders and folders in a rainbow assortment of colors still on the list.
Has anyone priced out Post It notes lately? Those suckers are expensive.
And what happened to the pencil sharpeners and cases I bought last year?

song: What You Need • artist: INXS

No comments: