My top ten list of favorite secular Christmas songs:
1. We Need A Little Christmas - Angela Lansbury. From the soundtrack to Mame, not the lame Percy Faith version with half the lyrics left out.
2. Father Christmas - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. I love the last line, "the Christmas we get, we deserve," no sugar coating there.
3. Merry Christmas Darling - The Carpenters. I know it's corny but I can't help it.
4. Blue Christmas – Elvis. of course!
5. Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg. Like Father Christmas this is yet another bitter-sweet holiday tune, must be the cynic in me.
6. Frosty the Snowman - Jimmy Durante. I wish I had Frosty’s positive outlook on life.
7. Do They Know it's Christmas? - Band Aid. It's so 80s!
8. Happy Christmas (War is Over) - John Lennon & Yoko Ono. Even though, as I’ve been told, “the 60s are over.”
9. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Thurl Ravenscroft. You're a crooked jerky jockey, and you drive a crooked horse, Mr. President. (Opps, I mean, Mr. Grinch!)
10. Christmastime is Here - Vince Guaradli. This is the theme from a Charlie Brown Christmas for anyone who might know the music but not the actual name of the piece.
song: Do You Hear What I Hear?
$25 Sears / Kmart Gift Card Giveaway
4 hours ago