Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Guilty

Confessions of a guilty mother:

• I have turned up the car radio in order to drown out the sound of crying.
• I have let my son wear the same onesie three days in a row.
• My sons don't take baths every night.
• They have dirty fingernails right now.
• I have read bedtime books after drinking two glasses of wine and enjoyed them more then when I'm sober.
• I don't care whether or not my son can read in kindergarten.
• My children have eaten things off the floor long past the expiration of the five-second rule.
• I didn't love breast feeding.
• I weaned my second son after only 11 months.
• I had two c-sections.
• I've cheated at Trouble.
• The sand in our sandbox came from the beach.
• I've reset the timer to prolong quiet time.
• I've eaten more than my share of the chocolate-covered almonds.
• I threw out the remainder of the Halloween candy.
• Ditto the Valentine's Day candy.
• I think Uncle Wiggly is a bit of a namby pamby.
• I indulge my kids at the coffee shop and buy them Fresh Samanthas which cost more than my tea.
• I threw out some of the folded and stapled pieces of paper my son gave me as "birthday presents."
• My son walked into the wall while wearing his hat pulled down over his eyes and I laughed.
• Ken laughed too.

song: Guilty • artist: Barbra Streisand

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
No need to feel guilty about any of those things. I'm sure most Moms that read your list can relate to some of those. I just have to admit that I too laughed about the final incident listed!
Kids are funny!
P.S.I do have just one question though, what is it that you indulge your kids in at the coffee shop? I've never heard of such a thing! And I thought I was spoiling mine with the new "white hot chocolate" from DDs...

Melting Mama said...

My girls get light Frappucinos sometimes. :x Ah well.