Thursday, February 04, 2010

Strange Days

Go figure. C's read five out of seven Harry Potter books and yet he had to leave the living room every time the Winter Warlock came on screen during Saturday's airing of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."
And if you are wondering why we are watching "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in late January, more than a month after Christmas, then you don't have preschool-aged children at home.
Yet despite the movie, H told me that I should take down the strings of mini Christmas lights that are hanging in the living room because "it's not Christmas anymore."
I told him they were valentine lights but he said they weren't because I put them up at Christmastime.
So let me get this straight:
Holiday movies in January?
OK.
Holiday lights in January?
not OK.
H also told me last week that it was his stuffed bunny's birthday and consequently I should make bunny some presents. So I carefully made two paper carrots out of orange and green colored paper and wrapped them in an envelope.
Then H told me bunny needed more presents so I wrapped up some ribbon and explained that bunny could wear it around her neck to look nice on her birthday. (It's a girl bunny).
Then I suggested H make bunny a birthday card to which he responded, "stuffed bunnies don't need birthday cards."
So let me get this straight:
Presents for stuffed bunnies?
OK
Birthday cards for stuffed bunnies?
not OK.

song: Strange Days • artist: The Doors

No comments: