Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dust in the Wind

Remember those dead clams I cooked up for dinner last month? Today I inadvertently ran two of the shells through the washing machine. First I thought C must have left them in his pockets, but it's just as likely H deposited the shells in the washing machine himself. That's the draw back to having a front loader, toddlers can drop random things in it when you aren't looking.
And speaking of laundry - how did I miss this? April 19 was national Hang Out Your Laundry Day. Who knew hanging out ones laundry could be a political act? I know I complain about our tarp and our endless list of home improvement projects, but I can't imagine living in a subdivision or association where the rules would infringe upon my right to a clothes line. With the ever increasing price of energy, I would think that clothes lines would become a mandatory feature in these developments with tree-hugger names like "Whispering Pines" and "Grazing Meadows." How about some government kickback or tax incentive for clothes-line users to offset the price of clothes pins?

song: Dust in the Wind • artist: Kansas

No comments: