Monday, March 17, 2008

Get Out of this House

This weekend started off with the ice show on Friday. Then there were dinner preparations Saturday morning, running out to the beach to collect scallop shells for the twin's baptism, dinner for 10, birthday cake, and the ice show again. Sunday was the baptism, the last ice show, finally selling the Subaru (phew!), and dinner at Alex and Laela's.
When you consider that the most excitement in my day usually consists of preschool pick up, it was a busy weekend
The other night Ken came home from a meeting and asked me if I'd heard about a certain restaurant on Main Street that might be going out of business. Unless someone physically came up the driveway to personally deliver me that news, how would I know, I said, coping an attitude not unsnarky.
In the boy's dressing room (a concrete utility closet) Friday night C asked me if I was ever in the ice show.
It's bad enough I never leave my house, now I'm a has been as well.
Of course I was in the ice show, I told him. I was in it dozens of times. I soloed for six years.
He was unimpressed.
"What's concrete made out of," he said.

song: Get Out of this House • artist: Shawn Colvin

No comments: