Thursday, June 15, 2006

Who's Crying Now?

It says in the paper, our paper, that Shane Holt cried when he found out he wouldn't be able to attend his high school graduation. "I'm not afraid to admit it. I cried." Good for you Shane! Lots of people would have been afraid to admit it. Kids learn quickly. Observations from my son include: papa says only girls have pocketbooks/only girls can have their rooms painted pink/girls wear light colors, boys wear dark colors/only girls wear skirts/girls don't drive trucks. Okay, I was able to convince him that girls do drive trucks and I tried to spin the others to be inclusive even to the point of telling a three-year-old about Scottish men and kilts, but it won't take long before he bunps a knee and someone tells him not to cry because "only girls cry." And then when that happens, at least I can tell him that Shane Holt cries, and he's not afraid to admit it.

song: Who's Crying Now? • artist: Journey

No comments: