Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ride On

Well that didn't take long - all my good feelings about the bike path have evaporated. At the intersection of Old Dock Road and the bike path I have already run into (though not literally) one too many bikers staring me down because I'm not coming to a complete stop before crossing over the bike path. I'd like to say in my own defense that - there is no stop sign for vehicles! Yet there IS one for bikers. I'd also like to point out that all of those disapproving bikers were still on their bikes even though there's also a sign that suggests bikers dismount to cross the road. I'm not trying to be a big stickler for rules here. I've rolled through the occasional stop sign in my day. Dismounting does seem to be a bit of a stretch. I'm just saying that people who ride on two tires shouldn't throw tacks.
And as for all the greenery that was planted at said intersection, those larger trees are obstructing my view of who's coming down the path. Which makes it all the harder for me the see the biker who isn't stopping to get off his bike to cross the road before giving me a dirty look.

song: Ride On • artist: AC/DC

No comments: