Friday, December 16, 2011

NaBloPoMo 12/16

Wouldn't it be better if the kids had the week prior to Christmas off and not the week after?
There are all these things we could be doing: making cookies and suet and paper chains and ornaments, and decorating frames for school pictures for the grandparents.
Instead the boys are in school all the way until next Friday where I'm sure they are so distracted they can't concentrate a wit.
Instead of a week of preparations, they have the week after Christmas off instead. C told me the reason it was this way was to give them a week to play with their toys thereby emphasizing yet again the gift-getting aspect of this holiday instead of the parts that could really be both enjoyable and memorable.

2 comments:

Frances D said...

You are absolutely right!
I'm Frances in New York, and I found you on the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

Joanne said...

Thanks for checking in Frances!
I've definitely been finding it frustrating wanting my kids to be involved in the holiday preparations, so they remember it's not all about them, but having to wait until 4PM everyday and then having to squeeze it in between homework assignments and bedtime on a school night.