Let's get this straight. I am only doing this because Kevin asked. Do not start sending me chain e-mails for recipes or tagging me for 25 questions on Facebook because I will continue to blatantly ignore those requests.
I have been tagged by daddy blogger Kevin at Who Woulda Thought? to participate in this chain blog ice-breaker. It's like orientation week at college - or spin the bottle - kinda - or maybe not - I wouldn't know.
Anyway there are some rules and some directions. The challenge for me has been coming up with a whole 11 blogs to tag. I should follow more blogs, I know, but I should also read book II of the Hunger Games, finish Zen Mind Beginner Mind, and practice my isolations (see fact #3).
According to Kevin, you must post these rules so here goes:
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her. No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Eleven facts about me:
1. I do not like balloons or Disneyland.
2. I have very cold hands. All my life people who have shaken hands with me have commented on this and said "cold hands warm heart." I do not feel like have a particularly warm heart.
3. I attend bellydance class.
4. I've love having lived on Cape Cod my whole life but really don't like those who pride themselves on never going over the bridge.
5. I have a degree in graphic design and a soft spot for dads who blog.
6. If you idle your car in front of me for more than 20 seconds you should know that although I won't say anything (unless you are my husband), I am seriously cringing on the inside.
7. I underline words I don't know in books I'm reading and yes - look them up later.
8. I put my cat on a leash (see yesterday's post).
9. I think everyone's life needs more art.
10. I think that attending a women's college and then producing four male offspring is the ultimate irony.
11. I hate talking on the telephone.
Eleven answers to eleven questions from Kevin:
1. Which movie best describes your life? I cannot imagine anyone sitting through a two-hour movie that would describe my life. What's that one with Michael Keaton as the stay-at-home dad? Maybe it would be that one. I have, on many occasions likened my life to various Seinfeld episodes. My favorite Seinfeld quote that describes my life would be the Newman postal rant: "Because the mail never stops. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. There's never a letup, it's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more, and you gotta get it out, but the more you get out, the more keeps coming in! And then the bar code reader breaks! And then it's Publisher's Clearinghouse Day…!"
2. What is your favorite comic strip? Bloom County.
3. Who or what is your favorite Star Wars character? You've kind of got me here. I only have three movies to choose from - and only one that I've seen in the past 15 years. Luckily it was just last weekend that H and I watched it. Definitely Chewbacca. He reminds me of my cat. Which I keep on a leash. Did I mention that?
4. What song can you listen to over and over and over? Warren Zevon's Mr Bad Example
5. Are your farts (A) loud, (B) silent but deadly or (C) in between? B. I blame them on whichever kid is closest to me.
6. Who is your favorite stand up comic? George Carlin.
7. If you were stranded in the desert and your wagon lost a wheel, how many pancakes would it take to cover a dog house? Didn't this happen in the book "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?" I remember reading it to my kids.
8. Are you allergic to anything? Disneyland
9. What is your ideal vehicle? Ideally I would take public transportation everywhere. Or rely on my own two feet. One of those bicycle richshaws might be nice.
10. Would you put one of those ridiculous stick figure families on your ideal vehicle? Heck no. I was just making fun of those the other day. I saw one with ten stick-figure children on a car that was way too small for such a large family of stick figures. I hoped they were being ironic.
11. If we were to look in your browser history what would we find? That I obsessively check blog hits via site meter. I gotta get a life.
Eleven blogs tagged:
Because I'm not good about keeping up with other people's blogs, I had to cull most of these from the short list of folks who've ever commented on my blog and happen to have blogs themselves. Aren't you sorry you commented now?
1. Kathy at Giggling Truckers Wife
2. Priscilla @ Designs by Priscilla
3. Sean at Commuter Daddy
4. Naked Mommy
5. Lola @ Bear & Lion
6. Deb @ Kicking Corners
7. Four Under Four (plus two)
8. Larissa @ Papa is a Preacher
9. Elise @ A Touch of the Absurd
10. Tania @ Maui Shop Girl
11. Recovering Supermom
Eleven questions for them to answer:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. What have you learned about yourself from blogging?
3. How do you blog and still get things done around your house?
4. Why is blogging better than Facebook?
5. What is the last book you read?
6. What is the last live performance you saw?
7. What is your favorite children's book?
8. What is your favorite typeface?
9. Would you ever put your cat on a leash?
10. Who would play you in the movie version of your life?
11. Love the tourists or can't wait for them to leave?
And of course:
The final word.
So Kevin, this has taken up my entire morning. I'm hoping you'll be over soon to help out. The kitty litter stinks, the laundry needs to be hung, there are blocks and Legos all over the living room, I gotta figure out what's for dinner and I was hoping to make fresh hummus so please bring some lemons and parsley
song: Knowing Me Knowing You • artist: Abba
Salonpas Pain Relief with #Giveaway!
1 day ago