In anticipation of the release of her book, Jamie Ayers is encouraging bloggers to post the 18 items (give or take) on their own personal bucket lists.
Generally speaking I'm against bucket lists. Adhering to one makes it seem like the point of life is to race from one bucket item to the next.
There are folks who take up running, run their first 5K, and then sign up for a marathon. Why not just enjoy a jog?
There are 67 entries on the AMC's list of 4,000-foot mountains in New England. You can download an official application in order to become a member of the club. After you check off all your mountains you can buy yourself an official t-shirt and attend the club's awards dinner in April. But what about climbing the same mountain 67 times instead and getting to know it really well - finding something different to notice every time?
On the other hand, if people want to march though life armed with a checklist, who am I to stay it's not the way to go?
Besides maybe I'm being extreme. It's good to set goals. In fact I could probably use a few myself.
1. Take my kids to Niagra Falls, Washington DC, The Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Gettysburg and the Bay of Fundy.
2. Take my kids camping - in a tent.
3. Live in the moment.
4. Visit the Titanic Historical Society in Springfield.
5. Visit the Pacem in Terris Museum and the Storm King Art Center in New York.
6. Attend a Zen retreat.
7. Finish all the half-finished projects before I start new ones
8. Work on my Etsy site.
9. Get to one of my sister's art openings.
10. Take some classes at the Cotuit Center for the Arts
11. Make and can jams and dill beans, make ketchup.
12. Submit more articles for publication.
13. Write that historical fiction piece I've been thinking about.
14. Get those photo albums up to date.
15. Outwit the rabbits and moles and expand my garden.
16. Visit Sonoma County.
17. Visit National Parks out West. Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Arches. See giant redwoods.
18. Go to bed at 10:30 so I can read in bed for an hour.
song: Kiss on My List • artist: Hall and Oats
FruitFull Kids Melamine Scripture Plates
14 hours ago