Wednesday, January 09, 2013

With or Without You


It must be warming up. There's a handful of fruit flies hovering over the compost.
So there's a Facebook group called "Christians Against Obama's ReElection." Isn't that just a long way of saying "Christian Sore Losers?" I must confess I heaved a big sigh and unfriended the former classmate who linked to this group on her Facebook account. And it's not because I only want to be friends with people like myself, I know that there's nothing really gained from only associating with people who think the same way you do, it's just that I don't have the energy for the negativity. Know what I mean?
Now if only there was a Facebook group I could join called "Housewives Against Fruit Flies Returning."

song: With or Without You • artist U2

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Ha! So true. I'm so tired of the Facebook negativity... or negativity in general. But I've been on the receiving end of the de-friending. Apparently some of my conservative friends don't like it when I post something "liberal". So they dump me. Oh well.

Unknown said...

I hate all the negative posts on Face Book. I have one friend that has absolutely nothing good to say when she posts. It gets on my nerves and I very close to blocking her posts completely.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Winnie said...

I am with you on all the negativity on Facebook. I nearly passed out when someone put some pic of some teens SHOT on there. i was so freaked out. i mean,seriously? They think it is a public service message? Really? I was glad the election was over to get away from people putting so much negative stuff on there. It has changed my opinions of so many. I don't care who you vote for, just stop the attacking, it is so unbecoming and damaging. I have had to block some people as it is just too much...

Joanne said...

I've been unfriended as well and I rarely post anything that's controversial. It does leave you wondering - what was it they didn't like?