Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Stop! In the Name of Love

Here's a resolution for the new year. Stop idling your car's engine. It's bad for the environment. It's bad for you. It's bad for me. It's bad for my kids - and - it's a waste of gas.
Waiting for someone inside the library? Stop idling your car's engine. Parked by the side of Quaker Road while talking to a neighbor? Stop idling your car's engine. Waiting in a line three deep for the drive-up window at Brooks Pharmacy? Stop idling your car's engine. Waiting in the no parking zone while your spouse goes into the post office for the mail? Move your car, then stop idling your car's engine.

song: Stop! In the Name of Love • artist: Supremes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a suggestion for you: stop worrying about what other people do.

Joanne said...

You want to sit in your car with the windows rolled up and smoke yourself to death, be my guest, but I'll thank you not to crap up my air.