Sunday, February 08, 2009

Squeeze Box

Valentine's Day is about to roll around again. As if you needed a reminder from me.
Since H attends two preschools, he's got at least 30 classmates to send cards to. Because he's 3, I'll end up doing the lions share of the work. Because I'm neurotic, we can't just go out and buy some - we, or make that I, have to make them.
And whatever happened to kid's decorating Kleenex boxes for Valentine's Day? I squirreled away two in anticipation only to get a letter from school requesting shoe boxes instead. Shoe boxes? Kleenex boxes are no problem, especially in the winter, there's always a tissue box being emptied out. The other day the twins got a hold of one and emptied it out a warp speed. If need be, I could even go out and purchase a Kleenex box, take the tissues out, stack them on the back of the toilet, and use the box for a craft project.
But shoe boxes are another matter. I can't go out and buy a new pair of sneakers just for the box although I am coveting a pair of Timberland Earthkeepers (a hint for anyone who missed my birthday last week). Besides, we use all our shoe boxes to store old checks, pay stubs, and various tax receipts. The attic is full of them.
Do you think Ken would notice if I transfered our cancelled checks from 1999-2003 into a used Kleenex box?

song: Squeeze Box • artist: The Who

2 comments:

Ann Imig said...

Buy. The. Valentines. xo

Joanne said...

Too late for that. I'm fashioning tissue paper roses (for the teacher) at this very moment.