Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy

Out of the blue H asked me if I was going to "eat the babies." I assumed that he was kidding and replied that it would be pretty silly of me to "eat the babies."
His response: "remember when you were in the hospital and the doctor helped you get the babies out of your tummy? Did you eat them then?"
I'm a little freaked about this revelation. Do you think he's been wondering for the past 12 months when I was going to eat his little brothers?
Then I remembered that he's got a CD that we play all the time that contains a story about two little girls, Amy and Sarah. When Amy becomes a big sister, Sarah replies that she once had a little brother but she turned into a dinosaur and ate him. I won't spoil the story for you but eventually there's a dinosaur and the baby brother is saved through Amy's quick thinking.
That makes two examples, in H's head, of baby brothers almost being eaten - it all started to make sense.
Then I realized that he's wasn't worried that I, or a dinosaur, might eat N and S. It wasn't a question of if - it was a question of when - and what he was really thinking was "hurry up and eat them already!"

song: Yummy, Yummy, Yummy • artist: Ohio Express

1 comment:

Ann Imig said...

That is disturbing, but apparently not to him. I love boys.