Thursday, March 12, 2009

Goin' Out Of My Head

Kids never seem to know what they want do they? Or maybe it's that they're never happy with what they have - in which case they are just like grown ups.
Recently C was in the living room complaining - loudly - that he couldn't hear his story on CD because H was being too noisy. I managed to redirect H and get him interested in playing indoor basketball. The next thing I knew C was complaining - loudly - that H wouldn't let him play basketball.
Another day C got mad that I wasn't putting applesauce in his lunch box like I was for Henry. You see, applesauce is a acceptable in his lunch because it isn't pink. So I included one with Tuesday's peanut butter and Nutella sandwich - he didn't eat it.
Finally, on another day H was lining up his match box cars on the living room rug. and got mad at the twins because they kept trying to pick them up. I put N & S in their Pack 'n Play along with their noisy farm toy and go off to make dinner. Next time I check on them H is in the Pack 'n Play with his brothers and, of course, I want to yell, "what's wrong with you? Can't you see that I moved your brothers for your benefit? So they wouldn't mess up your things? Get out of there and go back to playing with your cars dammit!"
But I'm taking Effective Parenting classes now so instead I yelled, "what's wrong with you? Can't you see that I moved your brothers for your benefit? So they wouldn't mess up your things? Get out of there and go back to playing with your cars dammit!"

song: Goin' Out Of My Head • artist: Little Anthony and The Imperials

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad the class is working for you;-)