Sunday, December 21, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

C was outside playing in the snow at 9 o'clock on Saturday morning. He was able to get out so quickly because he is the only one of my children who is able to dress himself in his winter duds.
It took another 90 minutes to get everyone else (and myself) ready. I was racing along trying to get everyone fed, changed, and dressed before C got cold and came in.
Remember that feeling of being the first one out to explore the yard after a "big snow?" Everything is untouched and new looking, as if you're the first person to discover it.
I didn't remember this but it seems that it's mandatory (at least for my kids) to going around in the snow with one's tongue sticking out.

song: Walking in a Winter Wonderland • artist: Richard B. Smith

No comments: