Saturday, January 10, 2009

Accidents Will Happen II

In case you missed it on my Facebook page, in the "what are you doing right now," box I just filled in: "cleaning up puke."
Not my own of course, though it was my own fault since he did say his stomach hurt.
"Look, Mommy, it's chicken soup. See the carrot?"
For some reason he was on his way upstairs from lying on the living room couch when the sh*t hit the fan so to speak; so, after he was done we had a little talk about how, if you think you are about to throw up, you need to run to the nearest bathroom, and not head for the upstairs bathroom when there's a perfectly good downstairs bathroom to throw up in.
This tops off a night when H executed a perfect 6.0 crib dive in which he smashed his face into the footboard and gave himself a bloody nose.
That reminds me, I should get some Spray 'N Wash onto his powder blue pajamas with the footies so the blood washes out. Good thing pajama day was last Friday because I'd hate to have him show up for preschool in his favorite blood-stained pjs.

song: Accidents Will Happen II• artist: Elvis Costello

9 comments:

Ann Imig said...

OOoooohh. Thank goodness you are an experienced Mommy and hopefully not beating yourself up. Max fell of his changing table yesterday. A year ago I would've been shaken to the core, but I just gave him a quick once-over and it was over. I think he could tell I was hugging him extra tight, though. He could probably feel my heart pounding a mile a minute.

Joanne said...

It's true. A few years back, when Ken let H roll off the changing table - on my birthday and on a rare night when we'd hired a babysitter - I thought we were going to have to cancel and watch him all night for a concussion.
Now we just brush 'em off and prop them back up.
They are a lot more resilient than we are.
How's Max today?

Ann Imig said...

Oh he's fine. He's been popped in the face by his brother (semi-inadvertantly)since then...

Hope puke-day is over.

Anonymous said...

"Brush 'em off and prop them back up."
I love it.
That in a embroidery sampler wall hanging is what every mom needs as a baby shower gift. LOL.

Joanne said...

Sadly, he puked again after dinner tonight. Then there was this suspicious unidentified puke next to the twins' highchairs - but that turned out to be just something the cat coughed up.

Ann Imig said...

Alas, Alack. The cats just have to add their bile to the pile. We know all too well.

Joanne said...

Tonight the cat threw up next to the Pack 'N Play. I swear she is trying to frame the twins.

Ann Imig said...

Oh, my cats made their dissatisfacton abudantly clear when Max showed up. Cat pee all over...

Joanne said...

Rufus got over that long before I had kids. She used to pee to show her disapproval of various boyfriends and housemates.