Monday, January 12, 2009

Captain Kidd

These icy freezing days spent waiting for H and C with the twins in the car make it hard for self-rightous mommy to keep to her usual anti-idling ways.
The boys were awake when I dropped H off at preschool. They were crying when I left the little library after (finally!) returning Mary Poppins. They were asleep after our trip through the bank's drive up window. Life is good! The only thing that would make it better would be a trip through the drive through of my North Falmouth fantasy coffee shop to be located somewhere between the bank and the library.
We exchanged Mary Poppins for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang which the kids insisted on watching immediately. Let me just say two things. First, I'm putting the kabash on watching full-length movies during the week. Second, from now on I'm reading movie reviews on anything that Ken remembers as a classic from his childhood. In the immortally plagiarized words of Lloyd Bentsen, I've seen Mary Poppins, but Senator, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is no Mary Poppins."
Next up: I've requested Treasure Island - three-and-a-half stars.

song: Captain Kidd • artist: Great Big Sea

No comments: